48 Rovira Classic Soda crackers (more or less, depending on the size of your cookie sheet)
2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
Pinch of kosher salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups crushed Heath Bars or walnuts or peanuts
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Evenly place approximately 48 crackers or as many as you need to completely cover the pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and slowly add brown sugar while whisking. Keep combining both ingredients slowly while bringing it to a low boil. Simmer for a few minutes, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened. It will become caramel.
- Immediately pour the caramel mixture over the crackers, spreading with a flat spatula to make sure the cracker layer is evenly and completely covered. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chips evenly on top of the cracker layer. If needed, return the pan to the oven for 2-3 minutes, to soften the chips.
- Use an offset spatula or butter knife to spread the chips into an even melted layer. Quickly sprinkle chopped Heath Bars on top of the melted chocolate layer. Let cool, and then refrigerate to harden completely.
- Once hardened, break toffee into pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
Serve these delicious Toffee Bark to your guests with your favorite hot beverage. This will become an instant success and conversation piece.